1. To Follow up Public Warning of the food and Drug Supervisory Board No.KH.01.04.53.094 dated July 24,2007 on Imported Chinese Food Products Containing Dangerous Substances, Main Centers/Center of the Food and Drug Supervisory Board in region had take samples in selling points and analyze formaldehyde content of the products.
2. Result of laboratory test of the products positively containing formaldehyde are:
3. To protect the public from the productswhich are not assured in quality and unfit for consumption, the food and drug supervisory board sealed the candies and preserved food containing formaldehyde in the selling points for destruction later.
4. The public are urged to not buy the similar products having no distribution permit (not having ML Number) because their consumption security is not guaranteed.
5. The people/consumers who are affected by risk arising from the consumption of the above mentioned products is to promptly report to the food and drug Supervisory board or main centers/centers of PM throughout Indonesia or customer service unit (ULPK) with Telephone Number 021-4263333.
This public warning is announced to protect safety of the people and the serious attention from all parties is requested.
THE FOOD AND DRUG SUPERVISORY BOARD
REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
Dr.Husniah Rubian Tharmin Akib, MS, M.Kes, SpFk.