1. In connection with news about Chinese candies containing formaldehyde in mass media, the Food and Drugs SupervisorY Board took samples and analyzed the products.
2. From 39 (thirty nine) imported products from China, in the form of candy, sweetened product and dried fruit, seven products positively contain formaldehyde, namely:
3. In order to protect communities from the products not having quality and unsafe for consumption, the Food and Drugs Supervisory Board sealed the candy and sweetened products containing formaldehyde in the selling points for destruction.
4. We hereby call on the people to not purchase products of the same kind having no distribution license (not having ML Number) because the security for consumption is not guaranteed.
5. In relation thereto, the Foods and Drug Supervisory Board urges the public to not consume the above mentioned products containing formaldebyde. Communities affected by risks arising from the consumption or use of the above mentioned products are expected to report to the Food and Drug Supervisory Board or Food and Drugs Main Center/Centers throughout Indonesia, Customer Service (ULPK) Telephone Number 021-4263333.
The warning is informed to protect the public health and gain serious attention from all parties.
THE FOOD AND DRUG SUPERVISORY BOARD
Dr. HUSNIAH RUBIANA THAMRIM AKIB, MS, M.Kes, SpFK.